Tuesday, December 11, 2007

#22 R.E.A.D.S. and MyLibraryDV

These sites are like little hidden treasures that more people need to find out about. I think it's always nice to go on R.E.A.D.S. and find books that the system doesn't have hard copies of, ready to check out as an ebook or audio. I used it before and found some lesser known books by Meg Cabot (author of the Princess Diaries), these two that are sort of...I suppose you'd call them teen chick lit Regency romance? The only downside is that the staff checkout time of a month doesn't apply there, so I never finished them, haha. But I can always go back and reread them later. I've also used the site to download audiobooks, but they're not compatible with all mp3 players, or even all of the big ones (specifically iPod, the most used one), which is definitely an issue if the service is ever going to kick off.

MyLibraryDV is pretty good too. I think the collection is a good start - but I think if I were really into travel or cooking, I'd say it was a lot better than a good start. Those sorts of things are really popular, bookwise, so I hope more patrons find out about the service and how to use it because they'd probably really like them.

No comments: